In my free time, I enjoy writing both fiction and non-fiction. I'm particularly interested in how new technology can be explored using timeless art forms. My White Whale is an in-progress rewrite of The Emoji Movie into a piece of high art (this is not a joke).
- The End of Commercials: A 45-minute piece dissecting the last commercial that was ever filmed, ever. (July 2017, PIT Loft NYC)
- One Pacific Midnight Central: A Familial Thriller. The lives of an author, autonomous robot specialist, Pharma CEO, and TV host intersect in dangerous ways. (December 2014, St. Louis)
- This is Me, Wearing a Hat: In a society obsessed with self-surveillance, the young bureaucrats who must review all of the footage face a clash of personalities. Winner of the A.E. Hotchner Playwriting Award (September 2012, St. Louis)
I have been performing & studying longform improvisation since 2010, from New York to Chicago to St. Louis. I enjoy playing characters who are very agreeable.
- Darkness Falls: A 360 degree, immersive improvised experience that extends beyond the stage with a mix of grounded familiarity and chaos. The show has been described as being "like a David Lynch film" and "a complete fever dream" and we couldn't be happier. We perform at the Magnet Theater and PIT Loft in NYC most months—check out our Facebook or Instagram for the latest information.
- Two Buttons (NYC)
- Business Clown (NYC)
- Suspicious of Whistlers (St. Louis)
As long as I've been able to program, I've been creating games, experimenting with creative coding, and building digital toys.
- Reunion (2016) : For Ludum Dare 37 ("One Room"). A copyright-safe version of everyone's favorite yellow pill-gobbler confronts his past. Play on itch.io.
- The Mechanical Age (2016): For Myst Jam. You can't run away in a yacht. Download on itch.io.
- Older Flash games here.
- Also check out my writing and research about games.
- FoodHype (2018): Sometimes it feels like food trends are just getting made up at random. So why not join the fun? Written up by Food & Wine magazine and Glitch 2018 year-in-review. Generate your own at glitch.me
- I've also got some old projects open-sourced on GitHub, including code to reconstruct 3D skull models from an MRI scan, and an analyzer that can recommend refactoring patterns for Python code.